Tired of Amazon being the main place you have to go to in order to preview books you are interested in purchasing? Google is getting into the preview book game with a new option they are currently testing that allows searchers to preview a book by clicking on a new box in the knowledge panel.
When clicking on the “Preview book” link, you are lead to this page.
This is a pretty interesting move by WBut we have seen links to Amazon for many book reviews, but in the example Meyers posted, there are no book reviews listed, as the button is in the place we normally see the listing of ratings and review sites.
It is not clear how widespread this is, as it seems people aren’t seeing this. But Meyers tends to spot random one-off tests, so most users might not see it until it is tested much more widely.
This is the latest in the many changes Google has been making for book loving searchers in recent months, in order to showcase books in the search results over the past few months.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Slows Crawling With 5xx Server Errors - July 13, 2018
- Google: H Tags as a Ranking Factor - July 13, 2018
- Using Redirects Can Impact Google AdWords Quality Score - July 12, 2018
- Bing Testing Feature to Open Search Results in New Tab - July 12, 2018
- Google: Don’t Rely on Google Tag Manager for Structured Data - July 12, 2018