Looking for a blog in a particular market area? Google has added a new feature with both rich lists and carousels that lists popular blogs in a variety of market areas and verticals.
Here is the carousel look:
And here it is in a rich list style:
The difference between the two triggering seems to only be the number of results for the type of blog being searched for, with a maximum of 4 results showing in the rich list style.
It will also sometimes pull out a person’s handle to show as well, such as here:
This could lead to some interesting branding opportunities in those cases.
Clicking on a result will not direct the person to the site being linked. Instead, it goes to an additional search query for the name. Google’s addition of a brand knowledge panel or not doesn’t seem to be a triggering factor for either, as it shows up for both.
This feature also makes it easier for those doing competitive analysis for market areas they may not be as familiar with, by giving a good starting point with the blogs Google considers as important enough or quality enough to share in these rich lists and carousels.
H/T to Adam Riemer
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Soliciting Feedback on Hotel Knowledge Panel Accuracy - April 25, 2017
- Facebook Testing Star Ratings in Local Business Ads - April 25, 2017
- Reminder: Google Manual Actions Transfer to New Search Console Account - April 25, 2017
- Google Testing Popover Banner for Hotel Rates in Search Results - April 25, 2017
- Google, Microsoft, Facebook & More Targeting “Worst Offender” Ad Types - April 21, 2017