Google has added a new feature to music related search results. Now when you search for a song, in addition to the “main” or best known version of a song, Google is now also listing other cover versions of the song.
Here is an example for the song “Sweet Caroline” with the best known version on top followed by less well known versions of the same song.
I think this is actually a good thing. It is a great way to be introduced to other versions of a song you might not even be aware of, complete with links to listen.
Here is how it appears on mobile:
Google has been adding new features to song related searches in their search results. In addition to showing large YouTube videos, they also have been displaying song lyrics for many lyric related searches since last year.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020