Google is testing a new prompt on their homepage, alerting searchers that they can test their sites with Google, and get a free report on improving it.
Here is what it looks like:
The link for testing goes to Google’s mobile page speed insights.
It is interesting Google is promoting this on the homepage. But it shows how committed they are to their mobile first push. And it might help get some of those website owners who are still using desktop only designs to think specifically about their mobile problems and fix them.
When you run the test, it gives you the option to get the report emailed.
It isn’t clear just how many people are seeing this on the homepage, or if it requires a site owner to be logged into their Google account for it to trigger.
H/T to Dan Barker.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019