Google is testing a new autosuggest in the mobile search results, this time highlighting specific news that Google sees as trending when the search is done.
Here is what it looks like, when you start searching for something trending:
When you click on the trending in the news link, it takes you to a regular search results page for the particular query.
So it seems to be identifying searches that are actively being searched with higher frequency than normal and showing those trending in the news autosuggests.
It isn’t just targeting searches that have rich lists added at the top. Here is another example:
And the results page:
Google has tested trending news in search before, but this version is much different, in that instead of highlighting random trending news, it is for news specifically related to the search query being typed in.
I was seeing this on iOS in both Chrome and Safari.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017
- Site Moves Do Not Fix Google Panda Content Issues - June 23, 2017
- Google Maps Soliciting Location Information in Organic Search Results - June 22, 2017
- Google’s Fred Update is Not an Updated Panda Algo - June 20, 2017
- Google to Continue Showing Featured Snippets with Images from Second Source - June 19, 2017