If you are a sports fan, you have probably seen sports score results in the top of Google search results when you search for a team while a game is happening. Google has now added a new feature of a link to “Watch Live.”
Here is what it looks like:
When you click to “Watch Live” it takes you through to the NBA’s website, where you can purchase a game pass. It didn’t appear to be a sponsored link, since it did not state sponsored and the link did not appear to be tracked.
Here is where it takes you:
I could only seem to show it for basketball. NHL games were shown but with a “Live Update” link to live details and stats for the game from NHL.com
These are live in the search results, but only displays while the game is on.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017
- Google: How to Handle Expired Content on a Site - November 3, 2017