If you are a sports fan, you have probably seen sports score results in the top of Google search results when you search for a team while a game is happening. Google has now added a new feature of a link to “Watch Live.”
Here is what it looks like:
When you click to “Watch Live” it takes you through to the NBA’s website, where you can purchase a game pass. It didn’t appear to be a sponsored link, since it did not state sponsored and the link did not appear to be tracked.
Here is where it takes you:
I could only seem to show it for basketball. NHL games were shown but with a “Live Update” link to live details and stats for the game from NHL.com
These are live in the search results, but only displays while the game is on.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Googlebot Behavior When Major Changes Made to Site - March 23, 2018
- Google: About Links Placed in Source Code - March 23, 2018
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018