Google has added a new style of PLAs to the search results. It is a carousel that divides products by the company selling them, rather than the usual unsorted PLAs.
Here is what it looks like in the mobile search results:
As you scroll through the companies, it only lists companies and not individual products, although the thumbnail does show various products.
The downside is that there isn’t an immediate product click available from the search results, instead the searcher would land on a company specific landing page:
For this reason, the PLA might not perform well for all brands. It also means smaller and less well known brands or companies might not see their company clicked on – or be excluded entirely – from this company style format.
This format is live on mobile search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Switching to AMP Won’t Negate Other SEO & Google Algo Issues on a Site - April 26, 2018
- Google: Major Redesigns & Issues With Search Traffic Loss - April 25, 2018
- Google: Dividing One Page Into Multiple Pages Often Dilutes Value for SEO - April 24, 2018
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018