Google has added a new style of PLAs to the search results. It is a carousel that divides products by the company selling them, rather than the usual unsorted PLAs.
Here is what it looks like in the mobile search results:
As you scroll through the companies, it only lists companies and not individual products, although the thumbnail does show various products.
The downside is that there isn’t an immediate product click available from the search results, instead the searcher would land on a company specific landing page:
For this reason, the PLA might not perform well for all brands. It also means smaller and less well known brands or companies might not see their company clicked on – or be excluded entirely – from this company style format.
This format is live on mobile search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020