Google has added a new style of PLAs to the search results. It is a carousel that divides products by the company selling them, rather than the usual unsorted PLAs.
Here is what it looks like in the mobile search results:
As you scroll through the companies, it only lists companies and not individual products, although the thumbnail does show various products.
The downside is that there isn’t an immediate product click available from the search results, instead the searcher would land on a company specific landing page:
For this reason, the PLA might not perform well for all brands. It also means smaller and less well known brands or companies might not see their company clicked on – or be excluded entirely – from this company style format.
This format is live on mobile search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017