Google has a new closed beta for AdWords advertisers which expands the length of the title and descriptions significantly.
In this new beta, descriptions can be up to 80 characters while the headline space is doubled. Display URLs can also be further customized to show two directories instead of the usual single one.
Himanshu Sharma spotted an example of the expanded ads, which he posted to Twitter.
i managed to capture, Google testing, expanded headlines in Adwords, from UK. pic.twitter.com/Dns5c0gNRA
— ««« Himanshu »»» (@analyticsnerd) April 28, 2016
With Google removing the sidebar ads, this means that ads are no longer restricted to the columns size when it comes to ad copy. This seems to be the first step they have taken to monopolize on the newly available space.
Ginny Marvin posted more details about the closed beta here, including a since deleted screenshot showing the style.
This is a closed beta, so if you are interested in gaining access, you need to contact your Google AdWords rep to see if it can be made available to you. But I suspect this is something that would be coming out of beta pretty soon.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019