Google is testing yet another variant of Product Listings ads. While the idea is similar to the mobile shopping carousel where you swipe scroll through the shopping ads, this desktop test has different functionality.
Here is how it displays in the search results, with a clickable arrow on the right hand side.
When you click the arrow, instead of the usual side scroll you usually see in Google’s carousel style results, this one will display five new shopping results, without doing any side scrolling through multiple listings.
Here is how it appears when you jump to the next five listings.
The PLA shows a total of ten products.
Here is how the same search normally appears:
This seems to be one of the many limited tests we see Google AdWords trying out for the PLAs. Most notably, they tested a “click to expand” product listing ad which got lots of attention but doesn’t seem to have been rolled out wider.
Thank you to
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020