We are used to seeing Google AdWords showing mobile Product Listing Ads that are in carousel style. It seems they are now testing a non-scrollable version that sees two individual product listing ads at the top of the search results instead of the multi-product carousel we primarily see in the mobile search results from Google.
Here is what it looks like:
This is notable since advertisers in the Product Listing Ads only have two product ad placements up for grabs – and in this case, Google has nabbed one of them for Chromebook.
Here is how it normally looks like (and how it looked like when re-doing the identical search immediately after the above screenshot).
As you can see, this definitely isn’t an inventory issue for that particular PLA.
The two PLA strategy looks much cleaner when compared to the carousel style, however, it does mean the loss of some PLA spots. It was still the only spot for PLAs on the page, they didn’t add an additional PLA placement to make up for the loss of products.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Mobile First Index: Page Speed Included as a Ranking Factor - March 23, 2017
- Mobile First Index: Google Aiming for Quality Neutral Launch - March 23, 2017
- Google Sending “Safe Browsing Policy Updates” to Previously Hacked Sites - March 20, 2017
- Google Adds AMP Carousels to “People Also Search For” Drop Downs - March 20, 2017
- 404s Do Not Affect Site Quality for Google SEO - March 17, 2017