It took about half a day, but Google AdWords ads have just started showing up using the increased width of the search results. Google increased the width of the regular search results column from 500 pixels to 600 pixels wide. But Google AdWords were still displaying as if they only had the 500 pixel width and not 600. But this has just changed.
Now, Google AdWords ads are now taking advantage of the new increased width in the search results. It also makes the ads appear less cluttered than usual.
For comparison, here is ads with the new width versus the old. Notice how the sitelinks are spread out significantly more.
Here is another example where the width really stands out:
And another example, this one also including ratings:
These wider ads are appearing at both the top and the bottom of the search results.
Google seems to be displaying these new ads across multiple country versions of Google.
Google has also changed their Product Listing Ads, showing new PLA units at the top of the search results with 3, 4 or 6 products within them, instead of the usual 5.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
[…] Google AdWords With Wider Ads at Top of Search Results – May 12, 2016 […]