Google My Business is testing a new feature in the knowledge panel for businesses to show an area served by the business. This could be related to businesses that serve an area larger than a city or town.
Here is what it looks like on desktop:
And on mobile.
When you look at the area shown on the map, you can see that it is a larger service area than most businesses. So this could be a reason why Google has chosen to show the map here.
This could help businesses that serve a larger service area than one might think. So if customers see they are included in the coverage area, they might consider using the business.
I was able to replicate this across browser sessions.
H/T Sergey Alakov.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018
- Removing Sitemap Files From Google Search Console - May 16, 2018
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths - May 15, 2018