Google My Business is testing a new feature in the knowledge panel for businesses to show an area served by the business. This could be related to businesses that serve an area larger than a city or town.
Here is what it looks like on desktop:
And on mobile.
When you look at the area shown on the map, you can see that it is a larger service area than most businesses. So this could be a reason why Google has chosen to show the map here.
This could help businesses that serve a larger service area than one might think. So if customers see they are included in the coverage area, they might consider using the business.
I was able to replicate this across browser sessions.
H/T Sergey Alakov.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017
- Site Moves Do Not Fix Google Panda Content Issues - June 23, 2017
- Google Maps Soliciting Location Information in Organic Search Results - June 22, 2017
- Google’s Fred Update is Not an Updated Panda Algo - June 20, 2017
- Google to Continue Showing Featured Snippets with Images from Second Source - June 19, 2017