Google My Business is testing a new feature in the knowledge panel for businesses to show an area served by the business. This could be related to businesses that serve an area larger than a city or town.
Here is what it looks like on desktop:
And on mobile.
When you look at the area shown on the map, you can see that it is a larger service area than most businesses. So this could be a reason why Google has chosen to show the map here.
This could help businesses that serve a larger service area than one might think. So if customers see they are included in the coverage area, they might consider using the business.
I was able to replicate this across browser sessions.
H/T Sergey Alakov.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- How Google Determines Which Ads & Search Features to Show on Search Results Page - October 17, 2017
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017
- Google Adds Audience Reviews to Movie & TV Show Knowledge Panels - October 6, 2017
- Use Sitemaps for Sites With Many Hreflang Annotations - October 5, 2017