Google My Business is testing a new feature in the knowledge panel for businesses to show an area served by the business. This could be related to businesses that serve an area larger than a city or town.
Here is what it looks like on desktop:
And on mobile.
When you look at the area shown on the map, you can see that it is a larger service area than most businesses. So this could be a reason why Google has chosen to show the map here.
This could help businesses that serve a larger service area than one might think. So if customers see they are included in the coverage area, they might consider using the business.
I was able to replicate this across browser sessions.
H/T Sergey Alakov.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019