Google My Business is testing a new feature in the knowledge panel for businesses to show an area served by the business. This could be related to businesses that serve an area larger than a city or town.
Here is what it looks like on desktop:
And on mobile.
When you look at the area shown on the map, you can see that it is a larger service area than most businesses. So this could be a reason why Google has chosen to show the map here.
This could help businesses that serve a larger service area than one might think. So if customers see they are included in the coverage area, they might consider using the business.
I was able to replicate this across browser sessions.
H/T Sergey Alakov.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017