When Google launched Property Sets in Google Search Console, while webmasters were happy to see Google doing something to address the issue of sites being spread across multiple properties – such as https and http as well as www and non-www – the lack of features that could be viewed with Property Sets was pretty disappointing.
Google has now upgraded Property Sets to include more of the features site owners see in the regular search console, which is now live in Google Search Console.
One of the most requested features is included in this – messages! Now site owners can be sure they are receiving all the important messages, even if it is on a variation of the domain used less frequently.
Here are the new sections under Property Sets in Search Console, open to the messages section.
It does seem that when you add sites to a new property, there is a delay before data gets populated. So you may not see the data in property sets immediately, even if you see the data for each site individually, and this includes any messages Google may have sent previous to the set being created.
But these changes are great news, since the original launch of Property Sets was lacking for some site owners. While it still doesn’t have all the features of Search Console when not viewed as a Property Set, this is much better than before.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Ignores Canonicals When Likely Implemented in Error - July 27, 2017
- Bing Adds Deal Tag to Local Pack in Search Results - July 25, 2017
- Google Testing “See More Results” on Mobile, Reduces Results Per Page - July 25, 2017
- Google Adds Vacation Rentals to Hotel Search - July 24, 2017
- Google Adds Autoplay Video to Search Results Page - July 24, 2017