When Google AMP first launched, many found it ironic that AMP results would not show up in Google Chrome or the Google Search App for iOS users. While AMP results showed in the news carousel in Safari, Google was only displaying regular non-AMP news carousels in Chrome and GSA on iOS.
This has finally changed. The iOS app update for Chrome on March 9th finally enabled AMP within Chrome.
Here is an example of it in Chrome for iOS, although it looks the same as in Safari.
The issue with AMP now working for iOS users searching in Chrome or GSA was brought up at SMX West last week.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) March 1, 2016
Dave Besbris from confirmed they were looking into it.
Now that we have seen the update in Chrome, hopefully it will be coming soon in GSA for Google Now fans.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Rich Results Report to Search Analytics in Search Console - June 24, 2016
- Google Launches New Local Ads-Pack for Local Businesses, Above 3-Pack - June 23, 2016
- Google Analytics Expands Hacked Site Alerts for Webmasters - June 22, 2016
- New AMP Validator for Web & Chrome Extension - June 22, 2016
- Don’t Make All Content Q&A For Google’s Featured Snippets - June 21, 2016