When Google AMP first launched, many found it ironic that AMP results would not show up in Google Chrome or the Google Search App for iOS users. While AMP results showed in the news carousel in Safari, Google was only displaying regular non-AMP news carousels in Chrome and GSA on iOS.
This has finally changed. The iOS app update for Chrome on March 9th finally enabled AMP within Chrome.
Here is an example of it in Chrome for iOS, although it looks the same as in Safari.
The issue with AMP now working for iOS users searching in Chrome or GSA was brought up at SMX West last week.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) March 1, 2016
Dave Besbris from confirmed they were looking into it.
Now that we have seen the update in Chrome, hopefully it will be coming soon in GSA for Google Now fans.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Bing Testing Site Name Only With No URL in Search Results - August 30, 2016
- Google’s New Mobile Interstitial & Popup Change Applies at Page Level - August 29, 2016
- Google Asking for Local Business Descriptions from Searchers - August 29, 2016
- Google Changes Local 3-Pack Icons for All Desktop Users - August 29, 2016
- AMP Now Supports A/B Testing - August 25, 2016