When Google AMP first launched, many found it ironic that AMP results would not show up in Google Chrome or the Google Search App for iOS users. While AMP results showed in the news carousel in Safari, Google was only displaying regular non-AMP news carousels in Chrome and GSA on iOS.
This has finally changed. The iOS app update for Chrome on March 9th finally enabled AMP within Chrome.
Here is an example of it in Chrome for iOS, although it looks the same as in Safari.
The issue with AMP now working for iOS users searching in Chrome or GSA was brought up at SMX West last week.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) March 1, 2016
Dave Besbris from confirmed they were looking into it.
Now that we have seen the update in Chrome, hopefully it will be coming soon in GSA for Google Now fans.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Rankings Should Remain Stable With HTTPS Migrations - September 21, 2017
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017
- Google: Ranking Fluctuations With a Site Redesign - September 19, 2017
- Still No Plans for a Google Penguin 5.0 Update - September 18, 2017