Google is changing the name of Google Home Services Ads to Google Home Local Services Ads.
At Pubcon, Nathan Johns from Google talked a bit about Home Services Ads and revealed that they were changing their name.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 9, 2017
One of the reasons for the change could be that they are expanding out of services specifically for the home.
For example, windshield repair, which is definitely not a “home service” is now a category.
So they are expanding to businesses such as dentists, auto repair, etc that wouldn’t fit under the “home services” umbrella, so the name change does make a lot of sense.
Google has already rebranded their pages to show the new Local Services name in the search results…
As well as in their support documents.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018