Google is testing a new format for hotel searchers. Instead of listing the booking deals in the knowledge panel, Google is testing them in a separate area where the AdWords ads are normally positioned at the top of the search results. AdWords ads still appear, but under the hotel block.
Dr. Pete Meyers shared the following screenshot.
It is nice for advertisers that it doesn’t remove the regular AdWords ads from the top of the search results. However, it could possibly be reducing the number of ads at the top so that the organic isn’t pushed down too far on the page. This is a pretty competitive search market, although there is only one ad at the top.
Here is how this same search normally appears, with the hotel booking ad block within the right side knowledge panel like usual.
With the recent addition of Google Trips, it has sparked a ton of tests in the travel related search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020