Google has fancied up their popular medical condition knowledge panels by adding colorful icons next to some of the most important things that searchers should know. When doing a search on desktop, the knowledge panel for some medical conditions has been dressed up with some brand new icons for important quick facts in the search results.
Here is how it now appears for the term flu.
And another example for measles.
The icons definitely make that section of the medical knowledge panels stand out significantly. And it highlights the most important parts that many people want to see when looking for general information – almost like a snapshot of important faces… all except symptoms. However, symptoms are still available in a tab in the knowledge panel itself.
These seem to be added to all medical related searches on desktop.
H/T to Thom Craver.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020