Google has fancied up their popular medical condition knowledge panels by adding colorful icons next to some of the most important things that searchers should know. When doing a search on desktop, the knowledge panel for some medical conditions has been dressed up with some brand new icons for important quick facts in the search results.
Here is how it now appears for the term flu.
And another example for measles.
The icons definitely make that section of the medical knowledge panels stand out significantly. And it highlights the most important parts that many people want to see when looking for general information – almost like a snapshot of important faces… all except symptoms. However, symptoms are still available in a tab in the knowledge panel itself.
These seem to be added to all medical related searches on desktop.
H/T to Thom Craver.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Use Google Disavow Like Before, No Changes With Real Time Penguin - September 26, 2016
- No Changes to Link Related Manual Actions with Penguin Real Time Launch - September 26, 2016
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016
- Recovering From Accidental Site Removal via Google Search Console Remove URL Tool - September 21, 2016