Google has fancied up their popular medical condition knowledge panels by adding colorful icons next to some of the most important things that searchers should know. When doing a search on desktop, the knowledge panel for some medical conditions has been dressed up with some brand new icons for important quick facts in the search results.
Here is how it now appears for the term flu.
And another example for measles.
The icons definitely make that section of the medical knowledge panels stand out significantly. And it highlights the most important parts that many people want to see when looking for general information – almost like a snapshot of important faces… all except symptoms. However, symptoms are still available in a tab in the knowledge panel itself.
These seem to be added to all medical related searches on desktop.
H/T to Thom Craver.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Switching to AMP Won’t Negate Other SEO & Google Algo Issues on a Site - April 26, 2018
- Google: Major Redesigns & Issues With Search Traffic Loss - April 25, 2018
- Google: Dividing One Page Into Multiple Pages Often Dilutes Value for SEO - April 24, 2018
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018