Google has fancied up their popular medical condition knowledge panels by adding colorful icons next to some of the most important things that searchers should know. When doing a search on desktop, the knowledge panel for some medical conditions has been dressed up with some brand new icons for important quick facts in the search results.
Here is how it now appears for the term flu.
And another example for measles.
The icons definitely make that section of the medical knowledge panels stand out significantly. And it highlights the most important parts that many people want to see when looking for general information – almost like a snapshot of important faces… all except symptoms. However, symptoms are still available in a tab in the knowledge panel itself.
These seem to be added to all medical related searches on desktop.
H/T to Thom Craver.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017
- Google: How to Handle Expired Content on a Site - November 3, 2017