Essentially the boards are just collections of Google+ posts that you can organize by theme. But the layout and theme seems very close to Pinterest’s design.
By default, you automatically follow all the boards created by those you are currently following. You can follow individual boards of those you don’t follow as well, or click the “following” button to unfollow the boards you don’t wish to follow. You can also turn notifications off for collections but it was giving an error on desktop when I tried it.
You can also share individual collections by others to your own Google+ page.
Here is how my Google+ homepage looks.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018
- Google’s Googlebot Crawling, Search Visibility and Rankings - June 4, 2018