Essentially the boards are just collections of Google+ posts that you can organize by theme. But the layout and theme seems very close to Pinterest’s design.
By default, you automatically follow all the boards created by those you are currently following. You can follow individual boards of those you don’t follow as well, or click the “following” button to unfollow the boards you don’t wish to follow. You can also turn notifications off for collections but it was giving an error on desktop when I tried it.
You can also share individual collections by others to your own Google+ page.
Here is how my Google+ homepage looks.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017