Essentially the boards are just collections of Google+ posts that you can organize by theme. But the layout and theme seems very close to Pinterest’s design.
By default, you automatically follow all the boards created by those you are currently following. You can follow individual boards of those you don’t follow as well, or click the “following” button to unfollow the boards you don’t wish to follow. You can also turn notifications off for collections but it was giving an error on desktop when I tried it.
You can also share individual collections by others to your own Google+ page.
Here is how my Google+ homepage looks.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018