Google is launching a new Google Manufacturer Center, a tool where brands can submit detailed information about their products to help both sellers sell the products and to help buyers when they are looking for detailed specs or other information related to the product that retail sellers often skip over.
This announcement is related to the long product listing ads / knowledge panel hybrid I spotted recently which had expanded product details:
The additional information would appear in these longer Product Listing Ads (aka Shopping Ads) for specific product searches.
Google is also offering additional analytics and insights to those manufacturers who take advantage of this new tool, including “how many times their products appear on Google within a given timeframe and how many times shoppers click on their products versus competing products in their category.”
If you are a manufacturer interested in seeing your products included, Google has an interest form here.
The new Manufacturer Center is available for manufacturers who distribute their products in the US. However, the interest form currently says that manufacturers must also be based in the US.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019