Google is launching a new Google Manufacturer Center, a tool where brands can submit detailed information about their products to help both sellers sell the products and to help buyers when they are looking for detailed specs or other information related to the product that retail sellers often skip over.
This announcement is related to the long product listing ads / knowledge panel hybrid I spotted recently which had expanded product details:
The additional information would appear in these longer Product Listing Ads (aka Shopping Ads) for specific product searches.
Google is also offering additional analytics and insights to those manufacturers who take advantage of this new tool, including “how many times their products appear on Google within a given timeframe and how many times shoppers click on their products versus competing products in their category.”
If you are a manufacturer interested in seeing your products included, Google has an interest form here.
The new Manufacturer Center is available for manufacturers who distribute their products in the US. However, the interest form currently says that manufacturers must also be based in the US.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020