There has always been a bit of confusion for news sites and blogs who wanted to be included in Google News, yet stumbled on some of the requirements or the submission process to be included. While it is much less complicated today, Google has taken steps to make the process even easier for potential Google News publishers.
Google has launched a new Google News Publishing Center, which once you are logged into your Google Webmaster Tools account will automatically bring up a list of sites for users to submit and then leads you through a series of questions to see whether or not you meet the Google News requirements.
As you do the process, it does caution you that if you submit your site and you fail to meet either the content or technical requirements that you will have to wait 60 days before applying again. So be sure you have everything set up before you submit your site, or be content with the potential for a 6o day waiting period if they decide to reject the submitted site.
You can access the new Google News Publishing Center now.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020