The Pigeon update originally rolled out within the US at the end of July, with the expectations that it would be rolling out internationally. However that rollout is taken almost 5 months to happen.
A Google spokesperson told The SEM Post “This update has rolled out to all English-speaking locales (not just Canada / UK / Australia). It began rolling out about a week ago and that process is now complete. And yes, it is very similar to the original US update.”
Is unusual for Google to make such a significant change to the algorithm right before Christmas, as they are often reluctant to make big shakeups during the shopping season. However this update as so much about positioning of results as it is how Google displays those results. One of the most visible changes is the reduction of Pack results from the usual 7 down to 3.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Location & Location Icon to Search Results - June 21, 2018
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018