The Pigeon update originally rolled out within the US at the end of July, with the expectations that it would be rolling out internationally. However that rollout is taken almost 5 months to happen.
A Google spokesperson told The SEM Post “This update has rolled out to all English-speaking locales (not just Canada / UK / Australia). It began rolling out about a week ago and that process is now complete. And yes, it is very similar to the original US update.”
Is unusual for Google to make such a significant change to the algorithm right before Christmas, as they are often reluctant to make big shakeups during the shopping season. However this update as so much about positioning of results as it is how Google displays those results. One of the most visible changes is the reduction of Pack results from the usual 7 down to 3.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018