If you are one of those struggling with the fact you have to have four different properties (or more!) for a single site in Google Search Console, Google is still working on a solution.
In today’s webmaster office hours, I asked whether there were any updates on solving the issue of having multiple properties for the same site in search console, where site owners have to add www and non-www as well as the https variations of www and non-www as well. Throw in a few more subdomains and it can clutter your site property list rather quickly.
There is also the issue where a manual action can sometimes be hiding in the version of the property that isn’t considered the “main” one, and it can easily go unnoticed by the webmaster if they don’t have all their properties verified. And many don’t realize that it is important to do so, especially when troubleshooting ranking issues.
John responded that it is still something they are working on… but they have nothing to announce yet.
Any updates… We have been working on this to try and make it easier to track everything as a group. But I don’t think we have anything to announce at the moment on that.
Zineb Ait Bahajji first talked about this back in March, and it met with plenty of enthusiasm from webmasters.
Mueller also adds that webmasters can also sign up for Search Console beta testing if they want to get in on some of the previews and beta tests… under NDA of course. You can sign up here.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018