There is a little bit more breathing room for those sites needing the time to get their mobile sites ready for mobile first indexing change by Google. It now sounds like it is unlikely to launch prior to 2018.
Gary Illyes from Google commented at Next10X during his keynote that he doesn’t think it is likely it will launch before next year.
— Larry Kim (@larrykim) April 5, 2017
Illyes then clarified his statement on Twitter.
— Gary Illyes ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ (@methode) April 5, 2017
He also made a reference to it still being “quarters away”, something he said last month as well.
— Dino Cattaneo (@dgcattaneo) April 5, 2017
That said, sites should make it a priority to get their desktop content added to their mobile sites, particularly if using an m.example.com mobile site. But it sounds as though site owners will have a bit longer time to ensure that happens.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018