There is a little bit more breathing room for those sites needing the time to get their mobile sites ready for mobile first indexing change by Google. It now sounds like it is unlikely to launch prior to 2018.
Gary Illyes from Google commented at Next10X during his keynote that he doesn’t think it is likely it will launch before next year.
— Larry Kim (@larrykim) April 5, 2017
Illyes then clarified his statement on Twitter.
— Gary Illyes ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ (@methode) April 5, 2017
He also made a reference to it still being “quarters away”, something he said last month as well.
— Dino Cattaneo (@dgcattaneo) April 5, 2017
That said, sites should make it a priority to get their desktop content added to their mobile sites, particularly if using an m.example.com mobile site. But it sounds as though site owners will have a bit longer time to ensure that happens.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Dictionary Search Box to the Google Search Results - July 21, 2017
- Changes to Impressions & Position Data in Google Search Console - July 20, 2017
- Google Testing Rounded Sitelinks Carousel Buttons on Mobile - July 19, 2017
- Google Asking Searchers to Submit Tags in Movie Knowledge Panel - July 19, 2017
- Google Adds Follow Button to Search Results in Google Search App - July 19, 2017