It seems that if you have an AMP page and also have the featured snippet that Google will now show the AMP version in the featured snippet.
When AMP first came out, Google was still using the mobile version of the page if the page that won the featured snippet also had an AMP version. But it seems this has now changed.
Paul Shapiro spotted an AMP featured snippet.
It is marked with the traditional AMP icon.
So if you see an uptick of mobile AMP pages, it could be the switch to AMP from mobile.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020