It seems that if you have an AMP page and also have the featured snippet that Google will now show the AMP version in the featured snippet.
When AMP first came out, Google was still using the mobile version of the page if the page that won the featured snippet also had an AMP version. But it seems this has now changed.
Paul Shapiro spotted an AMP featured snippet.
It is marked with the traditional AMP icon.
So if you see an uptick of mobile AMP pages, it could be the switch to AMP from mobile.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- No Plans for Google to Mark HTTP as Insecure in Search Results - September 22, 2017
- Google: Do HTTPS Migrations Separate From Other Major Changes - September 22, 2017
- Google: Rankings Should Remain Stable With HTTPS Migrations - September 21, 2017
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017