It seems that if you have an AMP page and also have the featured snippet that Google will now show the AMP version in the featured snippet.
When AMP first came out, Google was still using the mobile version of the page if the page that won the featured snippet also had an AMP version. But it seems this has now changed.
Paul Shapiro spotted an AMP featured snippet.
It is marked with the traditional AMP icon.
So if you see an uptick of mobile AMP pages, it could be the switch to AMP from mobile.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018