John Mueller has announced on Google+ that they have added a great new feature to Google Search Console – a new severity rating for any blocked or unreachable resources on a webpage.
Here is how it looks:
It shows the severity of the issue – Low, Medium or High. According to Mueller, the rating is based on how much of the page is affected.
Here is an example of a third-party one:
This only seems to show up when you do a Fetch & Render. The severity doesn’t show up in the Blocked Resources section of Google Search Console, even when you click through for more results, at least not yet.
This is a nice addition, especially for novice webmasters who might be struggling with a laundry list of blocked resources. This will help them sort through which issues they should prioritize over others.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020