Google is testing some new options in Google Now that show up when a searcher goes to start a search using Google Now on mobile. While we are used to seeing recent searches and another link to go to more recent searches, two new options have shown up – “What’s Hot” and “Nearby.”
Here is what shows up when selecting “Nearby”
You can see the searcher can then narrow it down to view restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and Coffee.
Here is what shows for “Nearby”, which would obviously be tailored based on the searcher’s location.
He did say that it showed up after he updated his Nexus 6P to the Security OTA for January, if you are trying to replicate it yourself.
For local SEOs, the nearby result will be important if this isn’t a test and does fully rollout to everyone, particularly for those with restaurants or coffee shops.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- JSON-LD Google’s Preferred Structured Data Markup - October 21, 2016
- How Google Handles Site Moves When Old Domain Cannot Be Redirected - October 20, 2016
- Exit Page Interstitials Not Impacted by Google’s Mobile Interstitial Change - October 19, 2016
- Google: Leave 301 Redirects in Place at Least a Year, Preferably Longer - October 19, 2016
- Site Wide & Blogroll Links Are Not Automatically Bad Links for Google - October 19, 2016