Google is testing some new options in Google Now that show up when a searcher goes to start a search using Google Now on mobile. While we are used to seeing recent searches and another link to go to more recent searches, two new options have shown up – “What’s Hot” and “Nearby.”
Here is what shows up when selecting “Nearby”
You can see the searcher can then narrow it down to view restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and Coffee.
Here is what shows for “Nearby”, which would obviously be tailored based on the searcher’s location.
He did say that it showed up after he updated his Nexus 6P to the Security OTA for January, if you are trying to replicate it yourself.
For local SEOs, the nearby result will be important if this isn’t a test and does fully rollout to everyone, particularly for those with restaurants or coffee shops.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Subdomains for Low Quality Google Panda Pages - June 27, 2017
- Google Considers Branded Anchor Text Unnatural in Widget Links - June 27, 2017
- Google Converting Non-Mobile Friendly Pages to Mobile Friendly for Searchers - June 27, 2017
- Google to Stop Scanning Gmail Messages to Target Personalized AdWords Ads - June 26, 2017
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017