Google is testing some new options in Google Now that show up when a searcher goes to start a search using Google Now on mobile. While we are used to seeing recent searches and another link to go to more recent searches, two new options have shown up – “What’s Hot” and “Nearby.”
Here is what shows up when selecting “Nearby”
You can see the searcher can then narrow it down to view restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and Coffee.
Here is what shows for “Nearby”, which would obviously be tailored based on the searcher’s location.
He did say that it showed up after he updated his Nexus 6P to the Security OTA for January, if you are trying to replicate it yourself.
For local SEOs, the nearby result will be important if this isn’t a test and does fully rollout to everyone, particularly for those with restaurants or coffee shops.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: 301s & 302s, What is Best For PageRank & Ranking Signals - October 18, 2017
- Why Google Rewrites Title Tags in Search Results - October 18, 2017
- How Google Determines Which Ads & Search Features to Show on Search Results Page - October 17, 2017
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017