Google is testing some new options in Google Now that show up when a searcher goes to start a search using Google Now on mobile. While we are used to seeing recent searches and another link to go to more recent searches, two new options have shown up – “What’s Hot” and “Nearby.”
Here is what shows up when selecting “Nearby”
You can see the searcher can then narrow it down to view restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and Coffee.
Here is what shows for “Nearby”, which would obviously be tailored based on the searcher’s location.
He did say that it showed up after he updated his Nexus 6P to the Security OTA for January, if you are trying to replicate it yourself.
For local SEOs, the nearby result will be important if this isn’t a test and does fully rollout to everyone, particularly for those with restaurants or coffee shops.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Rich Results Report to Search Analytics in Search Console - June 24, 2016
- Google Launches New Local Ads-Pack for Local Businesses, Above 3-Pack - June 23, 2016
- Google Analytics Expands Hacked Site Alerts for Webmasters - June 22, 2016
- New AMP Validator for Web & Chrome Extension - June 22, 2016
- Don’t Make All Content Q&A For Google’s Featured Snippets - June 21, 2016