Google Analytics now allows webmasters access to many more of the metrics shown within Search Analytics in Google Search Console with the various data within Google Analytics, including things like bounce rate and conversion data.
This is an update to the much more limited version of Google Search Console data in Google Analytics, for those with linked properties.
With this update, you’ll be able to see your Search Console metrics and your Google Analytics metrics in the same reports, in parallel. By combining data from both sources at the landing page level, we’re able to show you a full range of Acquisition, Behavior and Conversion metrics for your organic search traffic.
Each of these new reports will display how your organic search traffic performs. As data is joined at the landing page level, Landing Pages, Countries and Devices will show both Search Console and Google Analytics data, while the Queries report will only show Search Console data for individual queries. The same search queries will display in Google Analytics as you see in Search Console today.
The data displayed is still delayed by 2+ days, so you will need to wait to see the data within Google Analytics, just like in Google Search Console. It doesn’t reduce the waiting time for this unfortunately.
This update is currently rolling out to Google Analytics users, so it could be a few weeks before all users have access to it.
To have access to the data, you will need to link Google Analytics and Search Console within the Admin tab under property settings.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019