Google might finally be transitioning Google Search Console away from the /webmasters/ directory to /search-console/, to match their name change from Google Webmaster Tools last year.
Dan Shure, while running some mobile friendly tests, came across a link to the new mobile friendly tester, which was under search.google.com/search-console/ rather than google.com/webmasters/
Here is his screenshot showing the new URL:
To access the new tool, he followed a help link to check a live version of the page.
And here is the new redesign for the test.
It is unclear if it is rolling out slowly or if it is US only. But others are reporting the new URL structure as well, although not access to the new mobile friendly test.
Here is what I and some others are seeing, which makes me wonder if it is US only to start.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019