Google might finally be transitioning Google Search Console away from the /webmasters/ directory to /search-console/, to match their name change from Google Webmaster Tools last year.
Dan Shure, while running some mobile friendly tests, came across a link to the new mobile friendly tester, which was under search.google.com/search-console/ rather than google.com/webmasters/
Here is his screenshot showing the new URL:
To access the new tool, he followed a help link to check a live version of the page.
And here is the new redesign for the test.
It is unclear if it is rolling out slowly or if it is US only. But others are reporting the new URL structure as well, although not access to the new mobile friendly test.
Here is what I and some others are seeing, which makes me wonder if it is US only to start.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018