Google might finally be transitioning Google Search Console away from the /webmasters/ directory to /search-console/, to match their name change from Google Webmaster Tools last year.
Dan Shure, while running some mobile friendly tests, came across a link to the new mobile friendly tester, which was under search.google.com/search-console/ rather than google.com/webmasters/
Here is his screenshot showing the new URL:
To access the new tool, he followed a help link to check a live version of the page.
And here is the new redesign for the test.
It is unclear if it is rolling out slowly or if it is US only. But others are reporting the new URL structure as well, although not access to the new mobile friendly test.
Here is what I and some others are seeing, which makes me wonder if it is US only to start.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018