It appears that Google is now showing AMP carousels for local review sites in the Google search results. The carousel can appear as the first organic search result, following the local map pack.
Here is what it looks like:
This particular carousel seems to have AMP only results. By comparison, here is the same carousel in the non-AMP format. It looks nearly identical, except without the AMP icon.
Here is another example, this one showing as the first organic result too.
It does act like a typical carousel with 7 results. There is no call to action in the last carousel position though. And the carousel only shows AMP results within it.
Of the local review sites I checked (including Yelp, Trip Advisor, Zomato, etc), 10Best seems to be the only one currently implementing AMP at this time. It is hard to tell if this is a test or a wide release, but I was able to replicate it.
While AMP is not a ranking factor, we have seen Google giving preference to AMP carousels in the search results over non-AMP ones. And 10Best is clearly taking advantage of this with AMP.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018