It appears that Google is now showing AMP carousels for local review sites in the Google search results. The carousel can appear as the first organic search result, following the local map pack.
Here is what it looks like:
This particular carousel seems to have AMP only results. By comparison, here is the same carousel in the non-AMP format. It looks nearly identical, except without the AMP icon.
Here is another example, this one showing as the first organic result too.
It does act like a typical carousel with 7 results. There is no call to action in the last carousel position though. And the carousel only shows AMP results within it.
Of the local review sites I checked (including Yelp, Trip Advisor, Zomato, etc), 10Best seems to be the only one currently implementing AMP at this time. It is hard to tell if this is a test or a wide release, but I was able to replicate it.
While AMP is not a ranking factor, we have seen Google giving preference to AMP carousels in the search results over non-AMP ones. And 10Best is clearly taking advantage of this with AMP.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Soliciting Feedback on Hotel Knowledge Panel Accuracy - April 25, 2017
- Facebook Testing Star Ratings in Local Business Ads - April 25, 2017
- Reminder: Google Manual Actions Transfer to New Search Console Account - April 25, 2017
- Google Testing Popover Banner for Hotel Rates in Search Results - April 25, 2017
- Google, Microsoft, Facebook & More Targeting “Worst Offender” Ad Types - April 21, 2017