Google has been testing different positions for the Google local pack. While it normally shows at the top of the search results, above the organic listings but below AdWords ads, it has sometimes appeared after 1-2 organic results or even in the middle. But Google is now testing it at the bottom of the search results too.
This appears to be a limited test, as doing the search in a different browser showed the local pack at the top of the results instead of the bottom.
A few months ago, Google did testing with the local 3 pack near the bottom of the search results, with 3 organic listings showing beneath the local pack as well as near the bottom with only AdWords ads below.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019