Google has added a new paid component to local business knowledge panels – a link to directly search for products.
Here is an example of it:
It goes to a custom product search landing page:
It includes the map listing at the top to switch stores, with the option to either browse through categories or do a search. It also includes a phone number and link directly to their website. It includes a “Powered by Google” notation at the bottom.
It also shows up when you view the business on the map listing page as well. Here is one showing for another business.
Businesses interested in running this do need to be advertising through Google Product Listing Ads in order to get this, since they are powered through PLAs.
I am seeing it for multiple businesses. Here are more examples:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019