Google has added a new paid component to local business knowledge panels – a link to directly search for products.
Here is an example of it:
It goes to a custom product search landing page:
It includes the map listing at the top to switch stores, with the option to either browse through categories or do a search. It also includes a phone number and link directly to their website. It includes a “Powered by Google” notation at the bottom.
It also shows up when you view the business on the map listing page as well. Here is one showing for another business.
Businesses interested in running this do need to be advertising through Google Product Listing Ads in order to get this, since they are powered through PLAs.
I am seeing it for multiple businesses. Here are more examples:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018