Google has added a new paid component to local business knowledge panels – a link to directly search for products.
Here is an example of it:
It goes to a custom product search landing page:
It includes the map listing at the top to switch stores, with the option to either browse through categories or do a search. It also includes a phone number and link directly to their website. It includes a “Powered by Google” notation at the bottom.
It also shows up when you view the business on the map listing page as well. Here is one showing for another business.
Businesses interested in running this do need to be advertising through Google Product Listing Ads in order to get this, since they are powered through PLAs.
I am seeing it for multiple businesses. Here are more examples:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020