Ever wish you could easily find which hotels offer free Wi-Fi, before you discover that you are having to pay $19.95 per day at the hotel? Well Google is well aware of this problem for business travelers and has added a brand new feature to the hotel box that shows up in the Google search results.
Here is how it appears in the search results.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Accessible facilities
- Laundry service
- Business center
- Pets allowed
- Free Breakfast
- Child Friendly
- Free parking
- Airport shuttle
- Kitchen in all rooms
- Hot tub
In the hotel card display, they will show a no symbol next to the amenities that are unavailable at that particular hotel.
This change will likely make Google’s hotel search a top choice for many, simply based on the free Wi-Fi feature alone… it made my choice for me when I looked for a hotel that day.
There unfortunately doesn’t seem to have any way to be able to only show hotels with certain amenities. It would have been a great idea to add either a check box or a drop down selector to enable people to easily find hotels with different amenities, particulary ones that are a bit more unusual, such one that allows pets or when looking for a budget hotel option that still has air conditioning.
Forum discussion at Local Search Forum.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018