Google has updated their structured data testing tool, making it more helpful to users who run into problems. The new tool has much more detail on common errors to help site owners fix their structured data issues.
One of the big changes, and most helpful for debugging is the ability to either check a URL or check a code snippet a webmaster can paste into the tester.
Another major change is the ability to analyze specific structured data types when a page is marked up with multiple types.
Aaron Bradley goes into great detail on all the changes to the testing tool and it is well worth a read if you do a lot with structured snippets. He breaks down the changes and additions for the tool.
The updated structured data testing tool is now live for all users.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019