Google has updated their structured data testing tool, making it more helpful to users who run into problems. The new tool has much more detail on common errors to help site owners fix their structured data issues.
One of the big changes, and most helpful for debugging is the ability to either check a URL or check a code snippet a webmaster can paste into the tester.
Another major change is the ability to analyze specific structured data types when a page is marked up with multiple types.
Aaron Bradley goes into great detail on all the changes to the testing tool and it is well worth a read if you do a lot with structured snippets. He breaks down the changes and additions for the tool.
The updated structured data testing tool is now live for all users.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018