Google has officially swapped out their regular green “Ad” tag in the search results to the newer outline version many had seen in testing over the past few weeks.
A Google spokesperson confirmed the change to The SEM Post.
We routinely test potential improvements to the look and feel of our search results page. After experimenting with a new search ad label with a green outline, we’ve decided to roll it out. The new ad label is more legible and continues to make our results page easier to read for our users with clear indication of our ad labeling.
Google first began testing this one in late January so it was a relatively short test cycle before Google made the change permanent.
The change to the new outline version affects both desktop and mobile searches.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018
- Removing Sitemap Files From Google Search Console - May 16, 2018
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths - May 15, 2018