Google has officially swapped out their regular green “Ad” tag in the search results to the newer outline version many had seen in testing over the past few weeks.
A Google spokesperson confirmed the change to The SEM Post.
We routinely test potential improvements to the look and feel of our search results page. After experimenting with a new search ad label with a green outline, we’ve decided to roll it out. The new ad label is more legible and continues to make our results page easier to read for our users with clear indication of our ad labeling.
Google first began testing this one in late January so it was a relatively short test cycle before Google made the change permanent.
The change to the new outline version affects both desktop and mobile searches.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018
- Google’s Googlebot Crawling, Search Visibility and Rankings - June 4, 2018