Google has officially swapped out their regular green “Ad” tag in the search results to the newer outline version many had seen in testing over the past few weeks.
A Google spokesperson confirmed the change to The SEM Post.
We routinely test potential improvements to the look and feel of our search results page. After experimenting with a new search ad label with a green outline, we’ve decided to roll it out. The new ad label is more legible and continues to make our results page easier to read for our users with clear indication of our ad labeling.
Google first began testing this one in late January so it was a relatively short test cycle before Google made the change permanent.
The change to the new outline version affects both desktop and mobile searches.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018