Google periodically tests different colored stars in their search results. While we have seen variations of yellow and orange, Google has also tested teal, green and red colored stars as well. And now they are testing blue stars.
Ramesh Singh shared this screenshot of bright blue stars. The screenshot shows recipes with the blue review stars, but they are also showing for the other review stars as well, including local results.
Here is an example of ratings and the local knowledge panel.
Google has a history of testing out a variety of colored stars in their search results, and seem to be going through a testing phase currently. We also spotted them with teal stars last week.
These seem to be just a 1% test, as the colored stars seem to be showing on a limited basis right now.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Restricts Keyword Planner Access to AdWords Advertisers With Active Campaigns - June 27, 2016
- Google Testing Larger URLs in Search Results - June 27, 2016
- Each Google Panda Rollout Cycle Takes Months - June 27, 2016
- Google Adds Rich Results Report to Search Analytics in Search Console - June 24, 2016
- Google Launches New Local Ads-Pack for Local Businesses, Above 3-Pack - June 23, 2016