At SMX West earlier this year, Paul Haahr commented that Google recently tested 41 different shades of blue to discover which one was best. Well it looks like their experimenting isn’t over because in the past couple of days, searchers have noticed both darker and lighter shades of blue being tested.
Here is the darker version Google is testing, side by side with the standard colors, that JamiePG shared on Twitter. Notice that the purple color to show recently clicked is also darker.
Here is the lighter blue version that Phil Blackwell shared on Twitter.
As Blackwell notes, this shade of blue is closer to the Bing blue that Bing uses in their own search results.
Google is always testing in the search results, so them testing various shades of blue is not unusual. But who has managed to spot the other 39 color variation 🙂
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Switching to AMP Won’t Negate Other SEO & Google Algo Issues on a Site - April 26, 2018
- Google: Major Redesigns & Issues With Search Traffic Loss - April 25, 2018
- Google: Dividing One Page Into Multiple Pages Often Dilutes Value for SEO - April 24, 2018
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018