Google is testing a new variation of the mobile search results, this time highlighting the breadcrumb styled URL which appears above the title tag. Normally, Google places the URL below the title.
Paul Shapiro spotted the test, here is what it looks like:
This is interesting for a few reasons. The first is that Google is emphasizing the URL above the title, by positioning it first. And with this emphasis on the breadcrumbed URL first, it might mean SEOs should have a look at their breadcrumbs, especially those not using schema.
Google supports the BreadcrumbList schema although it will also pull out breadcrumbs from HTML breadcrumbs used within a webpage to show it as well, for those without schema for BreadcrumbList implemented on their site.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: 301s & 302s, What is Best For PageRank & Ranking Signals - October 18, 2017
- Why Google Rewrites Title Tags in Search Results - October 18, 2017
- How Google Determines Which Ads & Search Features to Show on Search Results Page - October 17, 2017
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017