Google is testing a new variation of the mobile search results, this time highlighting the breadcrumb styled URL which appears above the title tag. Normally, Google places the URL below the title.
Paul Shapiro spotted the test, here is what it looks like:
This is interesting for a few reasons. The first is that Google is emphasizing the URL above the title, by positioning it first. And with this emphasis on the breadcrumbed URL first, it might mean SEOs should have a look at their breadcrumbs, especially those not using schema.
Google supports the BreadcrumbList schema although it will also pull out breadcrumbs from HTML breadcrumbs used within a webpage to show it as well, for those without schema for BreadcrumbList implemented on their site.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017