Google is testing a new variation of the mobile search results, this time highlighting the breadcrumb styled URL which appears above the title tag. Normally, Google places the URL below the title.
Paul Shapiro spotted the test, here is what it looks like:
This is interesting for a few reasons. The first is that Google is emphasizing the URL above the title, by positioning it first. And with this emphasis on the breadcrumbed URL first, it might mean SEOs should have a look at their breadcrumbs, especially those not using schema.
Google supports the BreadcrumbList schema although it will also pull out breadcrumbs from HTML breadcrumbs used within a webpage to show it as well, for those without schema for BreadcrumbList implemented on their site.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017