Google is testing a new variation of the mobile search results, this time highlighting the breadcrumb styled URL which appears above the title tag. Normally, Google places the URL below the title.
Paul Shapiro spotted the test, here is what it looks like:
This is interesting for a few reasons. The first is that Google is emphasizing the URL above the title, by positioning it first. And with this emphasis on the breadcrumbed URL first, it might mean SEOs should have a look at their breadcrumbs, especially those not using schema.
Google supports the BreadcrumbList schema although it will also pull out breadcrumbs from HTML breadcrumbs used within a webpage to show it as well, for those without schema for BreadcrumbList implemented on their site.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Subdomains for Low Quality Google Panda Pages - June 27, 2017
- Google Considers Branded Anchor Text Unnatural in Widget Links - June 27, 2017
- Google Converting Non-Mobile Friendly Pages to Mobile Friendly for Searchers - June 27, 2017
- Google to Stop Scanning Gmail Messages to Target Personalized AdWords Ads - June 26, 2017
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017