Google is testing a new variation of the mobile search results, this time highlighting the breadcrumb styled URL which appears above the title tag. Normally, Google places the URL below the title.
Paul Shapiro spotted the test, here is what it looks like:
This is interesting for a few reasons. The first is that Google is emphasizing the URL above the title, by positioning it first. And with this emphasis on the breadcrumbed URL first, it might mean SEOs should have a look at their breadcrumbs, especially those not using schema.
Google supports the BreadcrumbList schema although it will also pull out breadcrumbs from HTML breadcrumbs used within a webpage to show it as well, for those without schema for BreadcrumbList implemented on their site.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018