Google is testing a new click to text option in Google AdWords ads that appear on mobile. While some businesses have an option to call, these ones are specific to a text only option, allowing a searcher to text the business instead of phoning.
Here is what it looks like (screenshot taken earlier this week):
This is also an interesting mobile option for those who like the direct contact but might not have anyone to take phone calls during off hours. And the text responses can also be automated during those off hours too.
It was reported previously, but it seemed to be specific to the business texting area, which would make sense. In this case, it is a regular business that is testing this feature.
It has also been seen for other businesses too:
— David Iwanow (@davidiwanow) October 6, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Googlebot Behavior When Major Changes Made to Site - March 23, 2018
- Google: About Links Placed in Source Code - March 23, 2018
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018