Google is testing a new click to text option in Google AdWords ads that appear on mobile. While some businesses have an option to call, these ones are specific to a text only option, allowing a searcher to text the business instead of phoning.
Here is what it looks like (screenshot taken earlier this week):
This is also an interesting mobile option for those who like the direct contact but might not have anyone to take phone calls during off hours. And the text responses can also be automated during those off hours too.
It was reported previously, but it seemed to be specific to the business texting area, which would make sense. In this case, it is a regular business that is testing this feature.
It has also been seen for other businesses too:
— David Iwanow (@davidiwanow) October 6, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018
- Google’s Googlebot Crawling, Search Visibility and Rankings - June 4, 2018