Google is testing a new darker AMP symbol in the search results. The new icon stands out significantly more when you compare it to the usual light grey symbol you normally see in the search results.
Mats Tolander spotted it in action:
This is quite different from the usual grey, but still not as noticeable as the original green that Google used when AMP first launched.
Here is how it normally looks:
This seems to be yet another random Google test, I was unable to replicate it.
Top Stories and organic results, both with new darker AMP symbol. Google cleaned house w/ old Mobile-friendly colors pic.twitter.com/e5BlAhtWJT
— Mats Tolander (@mtolander) September 3, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018