Google is testing a new darker AMP symbol in the search results. The new icon stands out significantly more when you compare it to the usual light grey symbol you normally see in the search results.
Mats Tolander spotted it in action:
This is quite different from the usual grey, but still not as noticeable as the original green that Google used when AMP first launched.
Here is how it normally looks:
This seems to be yet another random Google test, I was unable to replicate it.
Top Stories and organic results, both with new darker AMP symbol. Google cleaned house w/ old Mobile-friendly colors pic.twitter.com/e5BlAhtWJT
— Mats Tolander (@mtolander) September 3, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018