Google often adds a sponsored flight search box into the Google search results when the search query indicates the searcher is looking for a flight. Now they are testing a different style of box, this one in the sidebar that appears directly above the sidebar AdWords ads.
Here is how it looks:
It is responsive, here is how it appears on a browser that isn’t as wide.
It is a much more streamlined approach in comparison to the usual style of box we see in the middle of the page, usually under the main AdWords ads at the top.
This is clearly good for those who are appearing in both the AdWords ads at the top as well as organic search results, as it is a bit less noticeable placed in the sidebar instead of in the body of the results. However, those who either lack the quality score or don’t bid high enough are definitely being pushed down in the sidebar in favor of the sponsored flight search box.
This new sidebar style of flight search sponsored box also leads to the usual Google Flight Search page.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Dictionary Search Box to the Google Search Results - July 21, 2017
- Changes to Impressions & Position Data in Google Search Console - July 20, 2017
- Google Testing Rounded Sitelinks Carousel Buttons on Mobile - July 19, 2017
- Google Asking Searchers to Submit Tags in Movie Knowledge Panel - July 19, 2017
- Google Adds Follow Button to Search Results in Google Search App - July 19, 2017