Google is testing new grey colored icons within Google AdWords mobile ads, replacing the usual blue colored icons searchers normally see.
Here is how it looks:
As you can see, Google has replaced the direction icon with a new map marker in grey and changed the call icon to grey as well.
Here is how this same result normally looks:
Because these results look much more muted with the grey, I wouldn’t be surprised if this test reduces the CTR on the components of the ad which are now showing as grey.
This seems to be another AdWords limited test, as I was unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending these screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- No Plans for Google to Mark HTTP as Insecure in Search Results - September 22, 2017
- Google: Do HTTPS Migrations Separate From Other Major Changes - September 22, 2017
- Google: Rankings Should Remain Stable With HTTPS Migrations - September 21, 2017
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017