Google is testing new grey colored icons within Google AdWords mobile ads, replacing the usual blue colored icons searchers normally see.
Here is how it looks:
As you can see, Google has replaced the direction icon with a new map marker in grey and changed the call icon to grey as well.
Here is how this same result normally looks:
Because these results look much more muted with the grey, I wouldn’t be surprised if this test reduces the CTR on the components of the ad which are now showing as grey.
This seems to be another AdWords limited test, as I was unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending these screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019