Google is testing new grey colored icons within Google AdWords mobile ads, replacing the usual blue colored icons searchers normally see.
Here is how it looks:
As you can see, Google has replaced the direction icon with a new map marker in grey and changed the call icon to grey as well.
Here is how this same result normally looks:
Because these results look much more muted with the grey, I wouldn’t be surprised if this test reduces the CTR on the components of the ad which are now showing as grey.
This seems to be another AdWords limited test, as I was unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending these screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018
- Removing Sitemap Files From Google Search Console - May 16, 2018
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths - May 15, 2018