Google is testing new grey colored icons within Google AdWords mobile ads, replacing the usual blue colored icons searchers normally see.
Here is how it looks:
As you can see, Google has replaced the direction icon with a new map marker in grey and changed the call icon to grey as well.
Here is how this same result normally looks:
Because these results look much more muted with the grey, I wouldn’t be surprised if this test reduces the CTR on the components of the ad which are now showing as grey.
This seems to be another AdWords limited test, as I was unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending these screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Ignores Canonicals When Likely Implemented in Error - July 27, 2017
- Bing Adds Deal Tag to Local Pack in Search Results - July 25, 2017
- Google Testing “See More Results” on Mobile, Reduces Results Per Page - July 25, 2017
- Google Adds Vacation Rentals to Hotel Search - July 24, 2017
- Google Adds Autoplay Video to Search Results Page - July 24, 2017