Google doesn’t run nearly as many of their color UI tests on mobile as they do desktop. But they are currently running a black UI version of their mobile search results for some users.
Felicia Crawford spotted the changed UI on mobile. The search results look normal, except Google has dropped the usual blue and green for titles and URL breadcrumbs and replaced it with black.
A year ago, Google tested a similar black UI version of the search results for desktop users.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018
- Google: Order of H Tags & Search Rankings in Google - April 13, 2018
- Google Adds “Mentioned on Wikipedia” Carousels in Search Results - April 11, 2018
- Google: Adding Content to Image Heavy Pages - April 10, 2018