Google doesn’t run nearly as many of their color UI tests on mobile as they do desktop. But they are currently running a black UI version of their mobile search results for some users.
Felicia Crawford spotted the changed UI on mobile. The search results look normal, except Google has dropped the usual blue and green for titles and URL breadcrumbs and replaced it with black.
A year ago, Google tested a similar black UI version of the search results for desktop users.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- No Plans for Google to Mark HTTP as Insecure in Search Results - September 22, 2017
- Google: Do HTTPS Migrations Separate From Other Major Changes - September 22, 2017
- Google: Rankings Should Remain Stable With HTTPS Migrations - September 21, 2017
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017