Google is testing a new variation of their call only ads, ads which are meant for searchers to simply phone the business rather than click through to the site. And these ones make it much more obvious that searchers should be calling them.
Here is what it looks like:
Usually the call icon is on the right side of the ad, rather than the large one on the left at the front of the ad.
This ad doesn’t exclusively appear at the top of AdWords, which is kind of surprising since the performance would likely be much higher when it is the lead off ad. Here is the same ad lower within the group of AdWords ads – this one is actually below another ad with a call extension immediately above it.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Mobile First Index: Page Speed Included as a Ranking Factor - March 23, 2017
- Mobile First Index: Google Aiming for Quality Neutral Launch - March 23, 2017
- Google Sending “Safe Browsing Policy Updates” to Previously Hacked Sites - March 20, 2017
- Google Adds AMP Carousels to “People Also Search For” Drop Downs - March 20, 2017
- 404s Do Not Affect Site Quality for Google SEO - March 17, 2017