Google is testing a new variation of their call only ads, ads which are meant for searchers to simply phone the business rather than click through to the site. And these ones make it much more obvious that searchers should be calling them.
Here is what it looks like:
Usually the call icon is on the right side of the ad, rather than the large one on the left at the front of the ad.
This ad doesn’t exclusively appear at the top of AdWords, which is kind of surprising since the performance would likely be much higher when it is the lead off ad. Here is the same ad lower within the group of AdWords ads – this one is actually below another ad with a call extension immediately above it.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Dictionary Search Box to the Google Search Results - July 21, 2017
- Changes to Impressions & Position Data in Google Search Console - July 20, 2017
- Google Testing Rounded Sitelinks Carousel Buttons on Mobile - July 19, 2017
- Google Asking Searchers to Submit Tags in Movie Knowledge Panel - July 19, 2017
- Google Adds Follow Button to Search Results in Google Search App - July 19, 2017