Google is testing a brand new search feature for those who are using Hangouts on Air or YouTube Live events. When someone searches for the person’s name or brand, at the top of the search results will be a new knowledge graph box with the name, the event name, a screenshot and a link to watch the event live.
Before a live event, Google will begin to show up in the Google search results up to 3 hours prior to the event starting.
If the event is upcoming, there is an option to click a button to have the event automatically added to your Google Calendar. If it is currently airing, there is an option to watch the event live.
Google lists upcoming events for both Hangouts on Air and YouTube Live events. It is unknown the criteria for people to have their own events displayed, however it seems to be related to popularity. However, if it also shows events to those who follow the person or brand, it will be another important reason for those to promote their Google+ page for followers to get their event in front of their fans in the search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018