Yahoo has been showing Google search results to some searchers recently. And it seems that with the partnership comes a new testing ground for Google’s product listing ads.
Here is how Google is displaying the product listing ads that are being shown on the Yahoo search results.
They have a very distinctive shaded border around each individual product listing. They lack the added features from Google’s own listings, such as the tags showing stock or sale notifications.
Here is how it appears on the search results page on Yahoo.
Here is another screenshot showing the same distinctive styling of Google’s PLAs in Yahoo.
And here is how PLAs normally display on Yahoo through Yahoo Shopping.
The Google version by comparison is much better looking and eye catching.
It is interesting that Google is only testing this style on Yahoo, I couldn’t find it on Google. And likewise, Yahoo is only running this new style of PLA on the Google PLA listings it is bringing into the search results, they are not testing the same style on their own listings through Yahoo.
Personally, I really like the new look. However, sometimes the end result isn’t quite working as intended, as a result of other elements on the page pushing the PLAs further right than intended, such as this:
This is a limited test, as Yahoo is only using Google’s results on an unspecified percentage of the search results (but under 50%). I got it to show in a few different browser sessions over the past few days. But Yahoo is definitely showing Bing/Yahoo well over 50% of the time though.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017