In the same line as a local business address in the AdWords ad, it displays the open hours of the business for that day.
This appears to be in testing as I cannot replicate it, I see review stars and a review link in place of the hours. Google does not include this extension in their list of regular ad extensions or ad extensions for local businesses. Conrad O’Connell was the first to spot the test.
Google has tested many ad extensions over the years, but hours is definitely one that local business owners will find particularly useful. We have seen hours as a popular part of the organic Google search results, as well as in the local results and knowledge panel. Hopefully this will be one that sticks around.
If you are interested in testing this new ad extension, your best bet is to contact your AdWords rep to ask about testing it. I suspect it will be very much in demand by local AdWords advertisers, especially for those that might not be featured in the local 3-packs.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Ignores Canonicals When Likely Implemented in Error - July 27, 2017
- Bing Adds Deal Tag to Local Pack in Search Results - July 25, 2017
- Google Testing “See More Results” on Mobile, Reduces Results Per Page - July 25, 2017
- Google Adds Vacation Rentals to Hotel Search - July 24, 2017
- Google Adds Autoplay Video to Search Results Page - July 24, 2017