Google is testing a new type of AdWords ad, this one which pops up right on a Google Map when someone is viewing local results within Google Maps itself.
Local SEO expert Joy Hawkins spotted the test.
Here is what it looks like:
What is especially noteworthy is that this isn’t an ad for the business the maps user is showing on the page, but rather for a competitor. That competitor just happens to be located near the business being looked up on the map.
Google has experimented with various way to showcase advertising via Google Maps, but the most common way is in the left sidebar when showing business results, such as here:
This seems to be a limited test, as there are no other reports of anyone seeing this in action yet.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018