Google is testing a new feature that shows up in the local panel for a hotel listing. Below the sponsored hotel rates, it now also shows an additional price trends section.
Here is what it looks like:
You can see that it is in a carousel style, and you can select individual dates for more specific pricing information, and to book.
Here is another version of it:
It will be interesting to see if searchers like this or not. Usually if people are booking travel with flexible dates, they base the decision on airfare differences, not hotel trend prices. But it could work for those doing planning and want to get a ballpark of how much hotel is during certain weeks or months.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019