Google is testing a new feature that shows up in the local panel for a hotel listing. Below the sponsored hotel rates, it now also shows an additional price trends section.
Here is what it looks like:
You can see that it is in a carousel style, and you can select individual dates for more specific pricing information, and to book.
Here is another version of it:
It will be interesting to see if searchers like this or not. Usually if people are booking travel with flexible dates, they base the decision on airfare differences, not hotel trend prices. But it could work for those doing planning and want to get a ballpark of how much hotel is during certain weeks or months.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018