Google is testing a new feature that shows up in the local panel for a hotel listing. Below the sponsored hotel rates, it now also shows an additional price trends section.
Here is what it looks like:
You can see that it is in a carousel style, and you can select individual dates for more specific pricing information, and to book.
Here is another version of it:
It will be interesting to see if searchers like this or not. Usually if people are booking travel with flexible dates, they base the decision on airfare differences, not hotel trend prices. But it could work for those doing planning and want to get a ballpark of how much hotel is during certain weeks or months.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017