Google is testing a new feature that shows up in the local panel for a hotel listing. Below the sponsored hotel rates, it now also shows an additional price trends section.
Here is what it looks like:
You can see that it is in a carousel style, and you can select individual dates for more specific pricing information, and to book.
Here is another version of it:
It will be interesting to see if searchers like this or not. Usually if people are booking travel with flexible dates, they base the decision on airfare differences, not hotel trend prices. But it could work for those doing planning and want to get a ballpark of how much hotel is during certain weeks or months.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Autoplay Video Preview Clips to Search Results - August 21, 2017
- Cloudflare Credentials Stolen in Web Developer Chrome Extension Hack - August 18, 2017
- Google Search Console Sends Security Warning Notices for HTTP Sites - August 18, 2017
- Bing Testing Blended Local Mini One Pack in Search Results - August 15, 2017
- Google Still Ignores Last-Modified Meta Tag - August 11, 2017