Google is testing a new feature that shows up in the local panel for a hotel listing. Below the sponsored hotel rates, it now also shows an additional price trends section.
Here is what it looks like:
You can see that it is in a carousel style, and you can select individual dates for more specific pricing information, and to book.
Here is another version of it:
It will be interesting to see if searchers like this or not. Usually if people are booking travel with flexible dates, they base the decision on airfare differences, not hotel trend prices. But it could work for those doing planning and want to get a ballpark of how much hotel is during certain weeks or months.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017